Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Save Me, from Me

Lonely nights and lonely days
I felt life just slipping away
What will ever become of me
Just another statistic is what this world sees
I had to keep running keeping running so fast
For if I slowed down I would have been captured by my past
The pain overtook my soul
And the wounding made my heart so cold
Then there came a night
I was so tired of my life never seeing the light
I was so tired of running and always hiding
So I cried out to the one I thought left me long ago and I cried
" Jesus I am So done with this life I am not living.
I am so tired of this game I am never winning
Oh God can you hear me can you drown out my screams
Can you see past what this world sees
Can you look inside and see the real me
That I lost so long ago
Before the drugs before this show
Please God I need you to help me
Release me from these chains that bind me
Rescue me from this anger that drowns me
Free me the hurt of the wounds from long ago
Oh God please Love me
The real me
The me no one else can see
Please Love Me
Please Save me from me"

This is how I felt 10 years ago this spring
And this is how I felt that night Jesus rescued me
And He did He rescued me with His sweet love
And set me free from the person I was!
I am not a statistic but a Daughter of The King
Who loves me for me
He loves ALL of me
And I no longer have to run from my past
Cause see my Jesus laid my past to rest at last
My slate he made clean with crimson love so pure
Jesus is my healer, for my scars and wounds He alone is my Cure!
This girl is Alive
And no longer cries at night!
God has my hand
He has taught me to stand
I may not know what tomorrow may hold
But I Know and Trust in who holds tomorrow this much I know;)


MP 2/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment