Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Daughter of the King

Daughter of the King

For so long I lived a life full of sin
trying to find my identity in godless men
My heart stayed broken
all my dreams kept unspoken

Until the day
That Glorious Day
I was adopted
into the family of God
and given back my dignity
of which I was robbed
I am no longer a women on the streets
but I now lovingly fall at Jesus' feet
I am forgiven
I am not who I use to be
For I now have a father
in whom I place my identity
I AM a daughter of the King

No more wondering
who am I
or living a life full of lies
No more crying myself to sleep at night
wondering why I could never get it right
No, I no longer belong to this world
Of course not because I AM my daddy's little girl

I am adopted
into the family of God
I have been given back all that I was robbed
I am no longer a prisoner of the chains you can not see
I now lovingly fall at Jesus' feet
I do not have to try and fit in to someone else's mold of how I should look or who I should be
No this world can no longer hurt me
and I will not be judged by the standards of this worlds "high society"
For I am more precious than gold
I do have thoughts and dreams and they will be told
You can no longer hold me back from my destiny
All I have to do is be me
because I AM a daughter of the KING!


No more running fighting
hiding crying
I'm breaking free
I am loved
so loved
and that's enough for me
My Jesus is enough for me!

_Mary Priddy 9/09

No comments:

Post a Comment