Monday, June 23, 2014

Faith of Wonder Like a Child Once More

I have always been to church since the time my mother conceived me. My grandfather was a pastor and so going to church was as natural as breathing to me growing up. Every Sunday, Sunday night, Wen, every time doors were open we were there.
My grandparents and I use to sing specials up in front of the congregation and sometimes all by myself. No fear at all I loved just praising Jesus with no fear, nothing but adoration and love to him.
Now many moons later I still LOVE to Praise Jesus, its the one  time in my life I feel I am closest to him. However, usually all by myself! Yes I sing during Praise and Worship but not like I do when It is just me and Jesus at home.
Going from no fear as a child to so much fear now of singing in front of people is really more of no confidence in my ability to sing. See as children we are full of wonder and we firmly believe that we can be anything we want to be. We do not have fear of failure or stress of life! We just do what we know we like to do and praise and pray how we want to in front of whoever. We know we love Jesus and that's all that matters.
So when Jesus says come to him as children, to me this is what it means. Come to him full of that wonder, faith, courage, no pride, no selfishness, no fear,  come to him as a child full of confidence and adoration. Because Children believe in the unseen with every ounce of their being. They are not weighed down with doubt. They believe because their faith is so strong, and pure. If they feel like singing Praise To God they will very loudly, they don't care and pray a prayer however long or short without any notice to anyone around them. They are praying and singing for Jesus and that's all they care about. To them in that moment in time it is just them and Jesus and no one else!
That is so my prayer! To have that childlike wonder once again and to have that unblemished, unrestrained, Faith. Oh to be so engulfed by Jesus that all you see, all you feel, is all for Praise to Jesus! That is my desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment