Monday, June 23, 2014

I am not GOD!!

Can you imagine living every day with no stress and no worries? To just be so full of peace and joy that it radiates from you so lovingly?
Honestly I can not imagine this either! I know it is possible, but being a single mother of a very strong willed 2 year old and a very lively 13 year old and working full time: I very seldom feel full of joy and bliss but rather feel exhausted and run down.
I do have those moments when I feel the love flush over me and that activates the joy but this does not last all day every day. 
And I know I am not alone! We live in such a fast paced time and every minuet of every day is full of what we have to do to take care of our families and usually that means no time to take care of ourselves!
I was having a pitty party not to long ago. No one was there but me and Jesus. Not sure Jesus wanted to be there:) I think he finally had enough because I heard him say "You have no rest and you are so stressed because you are not allowing me to be God. You are doing my job. You are doing everything. I am here and have been just waiting for you to allow me to step in and be God and take on your burdens and help you carry this load that is weighing you down. But you have to allow me to do so."
That made me sit down! I never thought of that! Being a single mother I was so use to doing everything and I didn't mind it because I love my children and wanted to provide and take care of them. I didn't stop to realize that I was even trying to be God in all this too. I mean I wasn't thinking "Hey I am God" nothing like that. But I wasn't allowing Him to help me and that is why I was so burdened down and so tired! 
Honestly I will tell you that night I prayed and asked forgiveness and then happily gave him the load and asked Him to help me to trust in Him to take care of me and my children..I felt like a boulder was lifted from my shoulders! I slept all through the night for the first time in so long. My mind was not racing with things I couldn't forget that I had to do and I was not making plans for months down the road. 
I have joy through out the day, not all day, but I have it through out the day. I am a work in progress. But letting go and letting God be God I have much less stress!

No comments:

Post a Comment