Wednesday, October 15, 2014

To the Parent of an Addict

I see alot of parents crying out for their children. I can tell you that the Jesus you taught them about as children is still within them today. I dont care how far off the path they may be..Jesus NEVER leaves nor forsakes us!! I have 10 years sober from Meth , Crack. well any drug at one point I could get my hands on. I was even a prostitute walking the streets. I was raised in a christian home and went to church every time doors were open. I gave my life to Jesus when I was 8...many years later I was a prostitute on the street addicted to drugs...you think God left me?? No He did not!! One night I was sick and tired of it all and cried out to the Jesus of my childhood and he heard me! He was still with me! He never left me! No matter what people may say Jesus is still with your child in their hearts!! From that night on I became clean and started the path of living for Jesus and free from addiction. 
There is hope! There is always hope! No matter how bleak you feel it is right now for your child..There is Hope!! Every prayer, every tear God hears and in time..in Gods time not ours..your child will find their way back..in their own way with Jesus as their guide!
I too have lost loved ones to addiction so I understand the anger! My father died 4 years ago from alcohol, my oldest brother died at 20 from drugs and alcohol..so I understand and get the frustration, desperation and anger that goes along with loved ones being addicted! But I to hold on to the fact they are Gods child too and God has them covered, even if seems hopeless right now He has them covered!!

No comments:

Post a Comment