Tuesday, August 26, 2014

To the child within

To the little girl that is within,
I am sorry for the pain you have went through,
I am sorry for all that was done to you.
I am sorry your innocence that was lost,
At such a young age you had to pay the cost.
I am sorry you always felt unworthy of love,
All alone to face this world and you felt you had no one.
I am sorry the ones who were meant to protect you had their own issues going on,
You were left to cuddle yourself to sleep and wish that the Sun would soon make the night be gone.
You felt like an orphan for so many years,
But you always hid your crying and wiped away your tears.
For to cry means you are weak,
And that makes you easy for defeat.
I am sorry no one rescued you and held you for so long,
You were all alone in  All those different foster homes.
I am sorry  I neglected you for so many years,
Left you all alone with your pain and overtaken with fear.
Now you are free,
You don't have to be afraid.
We are safe at last and we are loved so true,
We no longer have to run, no one will hurt you.
We are learning how to live a life free from our past,
We are learning what pure love is at last.
So you may now rest with no anxiety,
I am now taking care and loving me!

No comments:

Post a Comment