Thursday, August 7, 2014

Psalm 42

 1.  As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God. 2 I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before him? 3 Day and night I have only tears for food, while my enemies continually taunt me, saying, “Where is this God of yours?” 4 My heart is breaking as I remember how it used to be: I walked among the crowds of worshipers, leading a great procession to the house of God, singing for joy and giving thanks amid the sound of a great celebration! 5 Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again— my Savior and 6 my God! Now I am deeply discouraged, but I will remember you— even from distant Mount Hermon, the source of the Jordan, from the land of Mount Mizar. 7 I hear the tumult of the raging seas as your waves and surging tides sweep over me. 8 But each day the Lord pours his unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing his songs, praying to God who gives me life. 9 “O God my rock,” I cry, “Why have you forgotten me? Why must I wander around in grief, oppressed by my enemies?” 10 Their taunts break my bones. They scoff, “Where is this God of yours?” 11 Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again— my Savior and my God!
Psalm 42 New Living Translation (NLT) Book two (Psalms 42–72) Psalm 42 

This chapter is so real to me  in this season of my life:) I feel myself longing for more and more of the presence of God, but at times feel as though he has left because he  has grown silent. But then I am reminded that He will never leave nor forsake me and so I just wait and pray and silence all that is around me and focus in the silence and wait for his Beautiful voice.
I think at times God silences because He wants us to want Him. If God talked to us 24/7 then we would not have a moment to long for His presence. He longs for us to long for Him and in doing so we draw nearer to him.
The enemies in this chapter for me is spiritual enemies and not physical. The sounds and voices of the enemy can be so overwhelming at times but then in those moments I just allow myself to get lost in Praise Music and my battle cry is heard by my God, is beautiful. Learning to fight the evil snares of the enemy is what going through the desert place is all about. See the learning to fight and stand strong is not about you, but about those that are coming up behind you, generations waiting to be taught and mentored on how to fight! So many don't know that they are warriors in the making and they are strong enough and have the power to fight and win against the enemy. So many just live in the  daily torment of the enemy because they don't know there is another way! They give up and that to me is heartbreaking!
God has brought me to a place in my life that all I have is Him! He has allowed me to be in such a season so that I know that I know that I can win this battle and not depend on others to fight for me! I have to have the confidence needed in order for God to use me to be a Teacher to others! I have to learn to stand on my feet and not sway. And I am! Praise God I am:)
God is our ONLY Hope! This chapter is the Heart Cries of this world we live in today!  It does not matter if Evil is all around and so many have succumbed to it, because just one breath, one Word from our Beautiful Savior then Every Knee will bow and Every Tongue will confess that He alone is God, who is so Worthy of our Praise!  So no matter how dark it may seem in the world today, it is always the darkest at night right before the Sun rises!

No comments:

Post a Comment