Friday, November 20, 2015

Being Real

I am going to admit something  to you all...I quit smoking a month ago just one month ago after smoking for 20 years. Does this make me any less Christian ofcourse not!!! Religious people think so but I know that I know God knows my heart and has known my heart still is the same from when I smoked to today! 
Condemnation, judgment from others to you because of a bad habit you may still have can hurt and cut you to your core and most of the time they are "Christians" who are doing the judging. 
I personally want to apologize from my heart and say that is NOT how true blue sold out followers of Jesus are! They do not turn their nose up to you if you smoke one pack or a carton a day! Or if you drink!  Dying to flesh is a process and if you try to die to it out of your own strength it will not work! Only the strength of God through you can you do it! 
I've had so much judgement over my smoking before I quit that I allowed it to make me feel less Christian! 
But that is farthest from the truth! It is a heart matter!
I will say I quit smoking because it was the last stronghold my flesh had on me! And I wanted to be completely free of flesh, minus the small daily flesh struggles, but as far as big Flesh struggles smoking was the last thing! 
The weaker your flesh, the stronger your spirit and I desperately want my spirit  soaring in the super natural and for me the road block was smoking and so  I quit finally only through much prayer!!
So be patient and love those you know still struggling with something in their life and if it's you be kind to yourself! You are no less Christian and neither is the person you know struggling! 
I believe in you and God can and desires to be your strength to conqueror this giant but you have to do it for yourself! Because if you do it only to please someone else it will never last! 
MP

No comments:

Post a Comment