Monday, March 2, 2015

Pray for Addict and Pray for their Family

Drugs have are no respector of person! It does not matter if you live in the suburbs or the projects. It does not matter if you are a lawyer or a homeless person. It does not matter you color, age, sex, religious beliefs. Drugs will take over anyone who it wants if you open the door for it too!! 
The scary thing is now the #1 drug that people are OD on is legal heroin, which are pain pills. You can go to any doctor and get these pills or any ER. Yes the medical field has made progress in stricter rules and regulations regarding the distribution of pain medication but they can never completely knock it out because there are people who legitly need the pain medication. 
I for one refuse to take any pain medication just because I know my past and I do not want to add any fuel to the fire. Just because I have been clean for almost 11 years does not mean I am able to take pain meds. I am sure I will be just fine to take them but I do not want to open that door.
Please pray for guidance to those who have loved ones suffering from any type of addiction. The anger, guilt, and heartache they feel needs the Peace of God to overwhelm them. It's much easier to be on the outside and say "Just give it to God" then to be the loved one who out of their love can't let go! I am there I understand!
Please keep the one addicted in your prayers because they are miserable they really are. They might not admit it but deep down they know this is not living. Please pray they find the strength to reach out for help and the courage to admit to themselves they can not overcome this on their own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment