Monday, February 15, 2016

Rest Day

We are all trying to make it in this world. Just trying to live everyday and be all we can be and sometimes, somedays, I know I do not feel like being anything but a couch person with a big bag of chips and some lovey dovey chic flicks all day!!;)
And see that is ok! We all have to have a day where we do nothing but just relax and just be and if not a whole day than half a day atleast. 
I think sometimes we get caught up in the "have to always be doing something" mindset or we will never succeed and that is not true! 
If you are always doing something you will eventually burn out in what ever are of life you are always busy in...every day and every minuet of every day. 
Rather it be work, school, ministry, children, keeping your kids over busy in sports or activities, etc.
Come to me and I will give you Rest.(my own paraphrasing) The Bible tells us to rest because God knows that if we don't we will run on empty and be of no use to him when we are exhausted! 
You can not be everything to everyone all of the time!You are not Superwoman or Superman! 
You have to rest! Revive and Recharge! MP

No comments:

Post a Comment