Saturday, July 18, 2015

Safety Net

I remember when I was a child and in foster homes and other facilities I would always find one person who was my safety net, someone I felt comfortable with and safe. 
Then when I became older and was out of foster homes and facilities and I started doing drugs and partying there was always one person I would have as my safety net then too. 
Then when I became clean and started going to church again I would have this one person as my safety net. I never liked going to church alone and so I always made sure there would be someone there I knew that I could sit with. 
Starting a couple years ago I was able to go to church alone and other places alone and didn't have to have a safety person with me. 
I finally was able to trust God enough to know He was always with me and He was my true safety. Fear finally was gone and I was able to spread my wings out of the cage of uncertainty and fear and know Nothing can come against me and My confidence in God and Who He says I was, was restored and He says I am Redeemed. I am Forgiven, I am made whole in Him!
It's a slow process becoming the person you were created to be before the world and life misguided you and woundings caused  you to create fake identities to blend in with the suffering around you and to protect you! 
Praise God that even though the process is slow, that there is a process at all! 
He never leaves us as we were but daily refines and defines Our Identity, by His Love and through His Grace!
MP

No comments:

Post a Comment